But for me this is like buying a car! I will now be able to do about a billion and two (give or take!) craft projects that were simply un-do-able without a gun and I am SO excited!! If you are an un-experienced crafter (like me!) or simply have no idea what I'm talking about, a hot glue gun is basically a gun-shaped piece of plastic with a nozzle and trigger that you pull to release glue that is hot enough to blister skin (!) You load it up with a glue stick and then you're ready to start your project! I know I am making it sound like a torture weapon and I'm not very good at explaining things, but they are really useful for all kinds of crafts and more heavy-duty DIY stuff (Don't you just LOVE how specific I am?!) Anyway, my gun, if you're interested is a Stanley Dual Melt Glue Gun, which basically means it's reliable, and can also be used on a cooler, safer setting, which I think I'll be using until I get used to handling one. If you're planning on buying a glue gun, make sure to buy glue sticks that work with your gun, or it'll be useless!!! (Thanks to my Mum for ordering one for me! :D )
Some projects I'm planning on making:
- Felt Flower Pillow. I love this and have had it bookmarked for ages. Now I've got a glue gun I can make it!
- No-Sew Flowers from MADE. These are just gorgeous! I think I'll make about 30!
- Felt Pom Pom Thingamabobs! These are really cute and could be used to decorate whatever you want!
- Fabric Flower Rings. These would make beautiful little gifts for Mother's Day, Birthdays, and Christmas!
- Scrap Paper Garland. A great way to use up scrap paper and brighten up your bedroom or craft space (same thing if you're me!)