Friday 7 October 2011

Make a Gift Bag!

Hi! How many times is it actually acceptable for me to apologise for not posting?! It's getting so repetitive, there's just no point any more. I'll stop. OK once more, Sorry!!!

Anyway, did you know, it's only
78 Days,
8 Hours, and
56 Minutes 'til Christmas?! That's less than 11 weeks away, and if like me, you're planning on making all your cards, and gifts, it's time to get cracking! (If the prospect of this freaks you out, or you are one of the people who hates people who talk about Christmas before Halloween, bear with me! I may turn this into a bit of a "Preparing for Christmas" feature, but I'm super busy right now, so no promises!)

You could also make this little gift for any Autumn/Winter Birthdays! I made this little bag for my cousin's birthday a while ago.

I  followed Angry Chicken's fab tutorial for snack bags - I know, but they work great as any sort of bag! And it is SO easy! I don't have a sewing machine and am a complete novice when it comes to any type of sewing at all, but I did this in literally 10 minutes!
The monogram took a good bit longer. I opened Microsoft Word, and then played around with lots of different fonts till I found a nice chunky "E"! I printed it off big-ish (Don't you love my precise instructions!?) I then pinned it to a nice coordinating felt, and cut it out. Sewing by hand around the corners was a bit tricky, but I managed it!) Et voilà! A lovely little bag! I filled it with some stickers, a mini notebook, pen, and some little toys! And you have a great personalized gift! It would work for boys too , maybe in red, navy, or green, and a monster, robot, >> etc. sewn on?! Any simple silhouette would work great! That's all for now! S xx
 

                      

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum.
    You have a nice blog! :)

    xx/MulleSnuttan

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely gift idea..pretty colors..i'm a new follower from the outlawz..tfs..loves ya

    ReplyDelete